The first reason why I thought we were successful with our video was because we were on time with everything. When we went to film, we only had 2 hours to film, so we got 3 interviews, and some b-roll shots. When we got back to the library, we were 9 minutes late but we still had enough time to edit and get the film done on time without having problems.
The next reason why I thought the last STN practice was successful was because when we went filming, we had good audio and video. Luckily we got pretty decent equipment when we were packing because our audio was good. The interviews had good audio and we got a good camera so our visual was also good. When it came to filming b-roll, I thought the visuals were good, but the sound could improve a little bit. Since our category in STN is nat sounds, we have to get better b-roll sound. Instead of using the regular Rode Mic, we can us the big mic that has really good sound but I don't know what's it called.
The last thing I am going to talk about is a bad thing that happened at the STN practice. It was when we were editing, we didn't have enough b-roll, or interviews. When we were filming, I thought we had plenty of b-roll shots but it turned out we didn't. When we finished I also thought that we needed to get way more interviews because we only had 3 interviews and the whole video was supposed to be only interview and b-roll and no voice overs. Only having 3 interviews caused us to make the video really short and not so good.
Overall I thought that the first STN practice was successful, but it had some bad things about it. I thought that because me and my STN partner Aron, were on time, we had quality visuals and audio, but we didn't have enough interviews and b-roll. Well that's it for this blog post, thank you for reading and have a great day!